On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Christoph Egger wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Christoph Egger wrote:
> >
> > Some questions:
> >
> > 1. What is planned todo with libggi3d in future?
>
>       Well, what I had in mind back in February when I did most of the
> initial design work was to use LibGGI3D to implement dynamic retargeting
> for GGIMesa.  This will not be very useful until GGIMesa has a large
> number of interacting targets, which has not happened yet.

So, you continue with development on LibGGI3D, when this stuff is done on
GGIMesa, right?

> > 2. Is the API stable or is it going to change?
>
>       It will not change unless I find something fundamentally broken.

OK.

> > 3. Should libggi3d a lowlevel or a hightlevel lib at least?
>
>       Low-level.  That is why it is written in C and not C++.  I
> anticipate that once a large number of basic modules have been written,
> these modules will be tied together with higher-level object bindings, and
> perhaps even CORBA IDLs.

CORBA is always good. It makes things flexible, portable and much more...

4th question:

Compiling libggi3d fails to me. Error:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT
-D_THREAD_SAFE -g -Wall -Wp,-MD,.deps/ggivis.pp -c  -fPIC -DPIC ggivis.c -o ggivis.lo
In file included from ../include/ggi3d/modules/ggivis.h:16,
                 from ggivis.c:36:
../include/ggi3d/modules/globals.h:30: meschach/matrix.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [ggivis.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/programmer/ggi/degas/lib/libggi3d/modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/programmer/ggi/degas/lib/libggi3d'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Where can I get the meschach/matrix.h? I have no meschach-directory
anywhere on my machine...

> Jon
>
> ---
> 'Cloning and the reprogramming of DNA is the first serious step in
> becoming one with God.'
>       - Scientist G. Richard Seed

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]