On 2000/Jan/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

        Before all, I must say that I've understood much more seeing the
gic.h include file than seeing the demos.

> > little explanation on what this extension is, please?
> It is basically a trainable event mapper. You register the "program events"
> (like turn left, activate menu, shoot) with it, and it will establish a
> mapping between the program events and GII events.

        I've seen the examples and it seems a great idea, and of course it
should save a lot of work to GGL and the users of GGL.

        But I have a few comments and questions (maybe you could start a FAQ
with them)

        * If I understood well, control -> context -> head make a tree in a
very ugly way. They have exactly the same methods, but Context is a high
level in a tree over Control. And Head has less methods, but has basically
the same relationship with context that context has with control. Aren't
there cleaner ways of making trees? :) I think that it would be better if
you remove Control, Context and Head, and create a tree, for example,
something like this:

        What do you think?
        * What are the S and L that you put in the recognizers (in the
config files)? And how can I figure out which value should I put at the righ
side of these strings?

        * It seems that LibGIC can wait a gii event and attach it to an
action, but with very smooth movements of my joystick, it sends lots of
events to GGI. Is there any way of saying LibGIC that is should only take
into accound the significant movements of the axis?

PS: I could make standard debian packages of LibGIC to install in my system
without _any_ problem, and it is still version 0.1, it was incredible! :)
 /_) \/ / /  email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
/ \  / (_/   www  : http://programacion.mundivia.es/ryu
[ GGL developer ] & [ IRCore developer ] & [ GPUL member ]