teunis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Okay, I've found a problem with libGII...
> It's adding delays to that quicktime-player (and soon mpeg too! :) that
> I'm playing with...  Resulting in blank spots in the audio and the
> occasional dropped video frame.

Either you've found a severe bug in LibGII or you are not using
it properly. Exactly what are you doing that causes a "delay" ?

> Any ideas for how to solve this one?   The thing's multithreaded enough...
> I suppose I could add an I/O thread but I'm not sure how generic it should
> be made.
> Can GII eventstacks be made to communicate cross-thread?  (without
> crashing or locking up that is... :)

Sure, just call giiMTInit() and you should be able to to retrieve
and enqueue events from multiple threads simultaneously.
Joining/opening/closing inputs from several threads simultaneously
will still not a good idea though, but that is hardly a problem.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]