On 05/02/2015 01:28 PM, Elle Stone wrote:
> On 04/30/2015 05:43 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:

>> For examples have a look at the Save & Export and Single Window Mode
>> specifications:
>>
>> * http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Save_%2B_export_specification
>>
>> * http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Single-window_mode_specification

> I am willing to write up formal specifications but only if there is a
> consensus from the main devs that the proposal for changing the UI to
> allow easy switching between linear and perceptual RGB might actually be
> seriously considered.

The specs as linked above are what convinced and convinces the main
developers of the usefulness of the changes.

So "I will only write a spec if the main developers already agree with
said spec" will be a bit hard.

> If the main devs are opposed to the idea then I don't want to put any
> more effort into the topic.

Any change needs support, preferably by many people who are involved in
the project already. If there is the choice between the status quo and
something they do not understand, guess what they will support.

--
Regards,
Michael