AFAIK, on Inkscape things just looks a bit uglier. On Gimp, it's either
lose half the pixels, OR view everything at 2x zoomed. No way to grab parts
of a screen and view it next to the original on the same screen without
losing half the pixels. That'a a pretty major issue IMHO. And to be honest,
I lived through many mysteriously blurred images before I realized what was
going on. On photos it may not be noticeable, but on screengrabs it
certainly is.

Thanks,

Marius K.