On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 04:22:40PM +0200, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> If what people want is to change the comment without changing the
> image data, they should use rdjpgcom to read the comment and wrjpgcom
> to overwrite / append.

I've always planned to build a pair (at least) of file format specific
GUI tools. The first target would be JPEG, and the second PNG.

The JPEG one would primarily be a GUI incarnation of the IJG's neat
extras like "lossless" crop or rotate and other operations which
make no sense in a format agnostic tool like Gimp, I will add "change
metadata without touching image" to my wish list -- not everyone wants
to use the CLI in the middle of an image editing session.

Nick.