Hi!

I thought you could be interested in this:

gtkam, a GTK frontend to gphoto2 (http://www.gphoto.org) has been
expaned to include a gimp-plugin that lets you capture images with your
digital camera.

When clicking on "/File/Acquire/From Camera...", you'll get a life
preview dialog. If you then decide to capture a full image, the image
gets captured, downloaded and is ready for post-processing.

Thanks to the gimp team for making this possible through the
plugin-mechanism.

If you like to try it out, get latest CVS sources of gphoto2 and gtkam
from http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/gphoto. Happy hacking and image
processing!

Lutz
--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Mueller           +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                                             |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  |