1.2.2 definitely has the USE_LAPLACIAN code in, but it is not enabled.

The current developer head in CVS doesn't.  I'm assuming that as part
of porting iscissors.c to the new tool model someone (Mitch/Sven?)
took the opportunity to strip out unused code.  This is a perfectly
reasonable thing to do.

However, if Martin wants to compare the performance of the full
Laplacian versus the basic gradient convolutions we do at present,
he'll need to use the 1.2.2 code.  Or port that code to the current
developer version.

In any case, anyone willing to work on iscissors is more than welcome
to it!  I agree with Sven that work should use the latest developer
CVS though.