Hi

I'm using gimp 1.2.2 under linux.

I'v noticed such a problem with Image/Histogram function. The values like: Mean,
Median etc are ok, but the relative height of the histogram bars are not
correct. Maybe it is not a big problem, but photoshop's bars are proportional to
  each other ;-).

To be clear. Make an image with 1/4 of white and 3/4 of black. So having 100
pixels total we have 15 white and 75 black. On histogram everything is counted
right, but doesn't look right. The white bar should be 1/4 the height of the
black one. Is it a bug?

The second thing is about making histograms from part (selection) of an image.
Why can't I do this? Every time i have histogram from all pixels not the
selected ones. Strange because histogram in Levels window is selection sensitive.

I hope it is the right list to send my comments.

Regards
Piotr Legiecki