"Robin Rowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi. GIMP has its own regex.c that the procedural database uses. That seems
> to look up plug-ins using regexec. I'm having a little difficulty
> understanding the logic of the code. Can anybody explain how regex is used
> by GIMP? Why is it necessary?

GIMP doesn't use it's own regex implementation any longer. We only
provide one as a fallback for the case that libc doesn't have the
regex functionality we need. This is the code in the regexrepl
directory that you'll find in the toplevel source directory.

The regex code is used by gimp-plug-ins-query (and a similar function
in script-fu). I don't understand how you can not understand this code
since it seems pretty straight-forward. Could you elaborate on your

Salut, Sven