Hi,

<pcg( Marc)@goof(A.).(Lehmann )com> writes:

> A major version should be reserved for major changes... There is no
> major change in the user-interface. (In the code, yes, the UI, no).

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. I do indeed believe that there is
a major change in the GIMP user interface. This change goes a long way
further than the 1.0 to 1.2 change ever went.

Actually I am a bit surprised since I didn't expect any controversial
discussion on this subject. The 2.0 versionnumber for the next stable
release has been an open secret for at least three months now and so
far noone had expressed an opinion against it. I am not pissed off, I
just didn't expect such a resistance now.

Sven