On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:58:06AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > Well, all the agruments I see in favour of 2.0 are always of the form
> > "well, evereybody else has 2.0". Well, gtk+2 is at 2.2, msoffice is at
> > 2003 etc..
>
> I give shit on msoffice but GTK+ is the GIMP ToolKit and we will have
> a hard time to explain why even it's major release numbers diverge.

I don't think we'd need to explain anything. GIMP 1.4 depends on GTK2.
Period. In some way, it's separate software. It's not distributed with
The GIMP, it just happens to be called "The GIMP ToolKit" for historical
reasons. ;-)

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/