Kelly Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> PS5 and Gimp 1.0 were pretty competitive in most areas, with a few
> well-noted shortcomings.  PS7 completely blows away CVS HEAD.
> Releasing it as 2.0 will invite comparisons, and you don't want to
> do that right now.

I am not afraid of such comparisons. Competition can only improve
things and I would love to see a list of the things that PS7 does
better than GIMP. I am not claiming that GIMP is superiour, I would
vote for calling it GIMP-8.0 if that was the case.

> I'm not actively involved in the project anymore, so it's not really
> my fish to fry, but I'd ask the current project maintainers to
> reconsider releasing the current HEAD branch as 1.4 instead of 2.0.

The ball is rolling now and any further discussion about it is only
hurting GIMP's reputation.