On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:32:21AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Roman Joost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I looked at http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/UseCatalog.html#d0e3162
> > and it seems for me, that we don't need a DTD declaration on top of
> > gimp.xml if the catalog file is present and the corresponding
> > environment variable is set. I tried to build the manual after removing
> > the declaration and the translation process works fine. If this would
> > work on other machines, i'll remove the DTD declaration on top of
> > gimp.xml.
>
> You loose the ability to validate the file w/o explicitely specifying
> the DTD file. Also I am surprised that you can process the file w/o
> the DTD. Aren't you using any entities? What would be the advantage of
> removing the DTD declaration?
We don't use entities anymore (except for one in gimp.xml). I thought,
that the advantage of removing the DTD declaration would be no more
hassles with building the manual. The XML book from www.sagehill.net
explains, that a (correct) catalog file would be the best of both -
local and network DTD.

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost