----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Neumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Alexey V.Chaykin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Histogramm Like Widget

> Hi,
>
> GIMP 2.0 has a histogram widget but it used by the core only and is
> not exposed to plug-ins. It would be nice to get an idea of the API
> you would expect from such a widget. The GimpHistogramView we use in
> the core is too much bound to the core data structures to be moved to
> libgimpwidgets as is:
>
>   http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/app/GimpHistogramView.html
>
> But it would certainly be a good idea to have libgimpwidgets provide a
> histogram widget. So if you can tell us what you need more
> specifically, that would help a lot. Such development would of course
> not happen in the 1.2 tree but based on the current state of the code,
> that is GIMP 2.0.

Ok, probably I need somthing like this:

GtkWidget->GimpHistWidget
GimpHistWidget* gimp_histogram_new();
void gimp_histogram_set_data(int* y_vals, int* x_vals, int size);
void gimp_histogram_read_data(int** y_vals, int** x_vals, int* size);
void gimp_histogram_set_callback(GimpCallBack* callback); // sets callback
on user-select-action of histogram diapazon (like in core Histogramm
widget), widget provides callback with information of x0 and x1 of diapazon
void gimp_histogram_delete(GimpHistWidget* histogram);