Hi everybody
This is my first post to this list, so please be gentle :-)
I'm a student of computer science at the University of Copenhagen (DIKU) working mostly with image processing. At DIKU we have a rather old image C library and hence quite a bit images stored in the image format used in this library.
I'd like to be able to read and write this kind of images in gimp, but how do I get started?
I guess I have to write a plugin but the docs a rather outdated (at least the ones I can find). Any hints on how to get started would be appreciated.

Regards,
Søren