Nathan Carl Summers wrote:

> I can't honestly think of a good reason to disable color management, but
> couldn't we just have an option for "this monitor's colorspace" instead of
> having two choice to choose from?

The first time I tried to use PhotoShop with color management, I was
totally bewildered:  it was asking me all these questions about color
conversions, and I had no idea what they meant or how to answer them.
A significant part of my bad attitude toward PhotoShop comes from
that experience.

I think it is important for new users to be able to make color
management *just go away* until they know what it means and are
ready to deal with it.  Gimp is a hard enough program to learn as
it is.

Best,
  -- Bill

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu