I would argue that non interactive plugins (or interactive plugin run in non interactive mode, which I presume to be the same thing), should not bring up any progress bars.

-Joseph

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

David Hodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

What if there's no associated dialog? I have some plugins that
call (lots of) Gimp functions non-interactively, with no image
display. The result is that the progress dialog is constantly
being created and destroyed. Things would be much neater if it
was (optionally?) just part of the main toolbox window.

The progress bar should then be part of the plug-in dialog that calls
these functions. I don't think having the progress in the toolbox
window is a good idea.