one or two things for GIMP 2.2 that I forgot:

Script-Fu vs. Tiny-Fu

  We should come to a conclusion whether and how Tiny-Fu can replace
  Script-Fu. I'd suggest we make separate packages gimp-script-fu and
  gimp-tiny-fu and remove Script-Fu from the gimp tree.

Python bindings

  IMO we should move pygimp out of the gimp tree into a gimp-python
  package. That would make it easier to give it a proper python-like
  build environment and would make it easier for packagers. Yosh also
  had some great plans on improving pygimp. Would probably be a good
  idea to make these improvements independent of the GIMP release