As long as there is somthing simple possible like:

#define cinepaint_func gimp-func

  gimp_func (whatever_You_like, arguments);
  cinepaint_func (whatever_You_like, arguments);

possible, I think all is fine. But starting of something like:

/* one design in GIMP: */
gimp_func (opts_float_array[3], "string");
/* and for the same in cinepaint: */
cinepaint_func (integer_A, integer_B, enum SELECT_STRING, double_C);

Most important is IMHO to take the same arguments and stay in the sense of
an function name (as most as possible) common.

Do You have any concerns using gimp_func(....) in CinePaint?