I have som whishes for upcoming versions of the gimp.  I hope I have subscribed to the
correct mailing list, and that this email goes where it should! My suggestions for
Gimp in the future are:

1-To be able to work drag'n'drop with layers.
In fotoshop, you can drag and drop entire images, or selections, to other images. No
need to make new layer, copy and paste, and anchor. The dragged image or selection
will stay as independent layer in new image, until choosing to flatten image. Much
easier, and something I hope for in the gimp!

2-To be able to  make selection of actions to repeat in various images.
Comparing with fotoshop: Here you can select option called action, press rec, and then
perform several actions that you want to repeat done in several images. Stop recording
after last action. Opening then other images, you simply have to select the option
action again (the one action you have recorded,) and press play. And all the actions
will be performed automatically.  Also something I hope for in the gimp.

3-To be able to change perspective with crop tool.
In fotoshop you may make selection with the crop tool, and then rotate that selection
before cropping. Choosing perspective doing so, you may follow for example lines of
buildings, so as not to appear “falling backwards” as they go up. When cropping, the
image will be following the lines, but forced back to a square image.

4-To have an image view browser
When opening images to work with, it's much better to be able to see small thumbnails
of all the images in a folder. The Gimp will only (and not always) show previews of
images one by one. In this way I depend on having to pick and choose the right images
from other programs first. So I hope for an image view browser in the Gimp!

WebMail fra Tele2 http://www.tele2.no