On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:35:51PM +0530, Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:31:35 -0800, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:59:39AM +1300, Joseph Heled wrote:
> > >
> > > In 2.2, the histogram always takes the full image. I thought that in the
> > > past it took the selection if there was one. Am I imagining this? Is there
> > > a way to get the histogram for just the selection?
> > >
> > it is easy enough to make a new layer of the selection and work the
> > histogram bearing tools on this.
> Unless u r working on a huuuuuge image.... like me and many of my freinds do.

at the point that you actually start to work on huge images, you might
notice that a new layer is always always easier than working on a

so many of the selection tricks were added to gimp so that the
photoshopusers wouldnt notice the change over and because gimp can do
them, however, anyone who has actually stressed their computer out with
huuuuuge images will certainly be able to tell you that working on
selections is the least efficient way to handle an image with gimp.