Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> how did all the hackers work on gimp last week without jade then?

Things change and the switch to gtkdocize was long overdue. I don't
see why we should not benefit from the work of the gtkdoc team who
have been improving the build setup quite a bit lately. We waited with
this much too long. Of course I could continue to merge these changes
manually into the eight Makefiles that are involved in building the
docs. But then I don't see why I should go through that error-prone
and time-consuming process again and again if there's also simple
solution that fixes it once and for all. It also doesn't seem to be a
problem for any of the many other projects using gtkdocize.