On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 07:34:49PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > how did all the hackers work on gimp last week without jade then?
>
> Things change and the switch to gtkdocize was long overdue. I don't
> see why we should not benefit from the work of the gtkdoc team who
> have been improving the build setup quite a bit lately. We waited with
> this much too long. Of course I could continue to merge these changes
> manually into the eight Makefiles that are involved in building the
> docs. But then I don't see why I should go through that error-prone
> and time-consuming process again and again if there's also simple
> solution that fixes it once and for all. It also doesn't seem to be a
> problem for any of the many other projects using gtkdocize.

you need jade to hack properly on gimp? sgml.  you need sgml to hack on
gimp.

i am sorry.  i dont get it.  perhaps if you explain the need for sgml to
build cvs gimp.

there are other reasons to build gimp from cvs.  these reasons are both
obvious and yes, cumbersome also to go through here.

gimp seemed to be easy and fun to work on and is in fairly good shape
without this software all the years up until now.  what could have
possibly changed that now we all need to have the software that
generates sgml before we can run a cvs version of a image manipulation
application.  it should not be cumbersome to explain how sgml helps
this.

thanks,
carol