Hello everyone !

I am an old systems engineer, who began on IBM1130's in 71.  Started
with Unix Version 7 in 81.  Lots of C later C++.
I made my living creating user interfaces with the X11R6 widget toolset.
I need 48 bit Tiff to manipulate my thousands of photos from the current
trip around the world.
I stopped here in Shenzhen, China to make a few bucks, to pay my way
on to Europe.  The University has been good to me, and this year I will
be teaching operating systems and Industrial Automation and Systems
Engineering.

I also need sane-backends to recognize my Nikon 5000 ED scanner, but
that is not so critical since VueScan works.

So, could you put me in touch with the relevant parties, so I can get
to work, and we can have 48 bit Tiff in the Gimp.  And... I can delete
WindowsXP forever.....  and return to a real operating system.... Unix !

Warmly,
--
Dr. George W. Oprisko, Dean of International Programs
Professor of Systems Engineering

To go where others have gone. .   .
To see what none before have seen. .   .      .