Simon Budig wrote:
> If XGrabKey might fail you can wrap it similiar to this:
>
>  gdk_error_trap_push ();
>  XGrabKey (GDK_DISPLAY_XDISPLAY (data->display),
>            data->hot_keycode,
>            AnyModifier,
>            GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW (data->root),
>            TRUE,
>            GrabModeAsync,
>            GrabModeAsync);
>  gdk_flush ();
>  if (gdk_error_trap_pop ())
>    {
>      g_printerr ("could not grab Hotkey. Aborting...\n");
>      exit (1);
>    }

Thanks for the hint.  I tried wrapping the XGrabKey call in
a gdk_error_trap_push/pop pair, and it seems to do the trick.
(I don't see any reason for the plug-in to bail out just because
the ESC key can't be grabbed.)

>From the ChangeLog for HEAD:

2005-06-01  Bill Skaggs  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * plug-ins/common/screenshot.c: trap errors when running
        XGrabKey, to prevent bail-out on BadAccess error as
        reported by Jean-Luc Coulon on developers list; solution
        suggested by Simon Budig.

It would probably have been better to do all this via Bugzilla, by
the way.

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu