There are lots of Summer project sized tasks around the GIMP that we
could propose to Google. As a start:
- Add text boxes to the text tool
- Write a heal tool and an intelligent eraser tool (sharing as much
code as possible between them)
- Work on a framework to make plug-in settings saveable across
sessions (this might be done now, is it?)
- Convert all the GIMP utility code to real GObject widgets, and then
complete the Python binding for libgimp*
- Design and write a shapes tool
- Reverse engineer PSD format for PS 10 and write the load/save
plug-in (or adapt the existing one) to it
- Add save for web plug-in
- (Re)write a plug-in distribution system which integrates with the GIMP
There are lots more.
I'm not sure what timetable Sven's working on for 2.4, but I believe
we're almost at feature freeze, which means that people can start
working on these projects, and integrate into CVS once 2.4.x comes out -
project deadlines are September 1st, and we should have a release to
integrate against by then.
Some of these are small, and are probably only a week or two of work.
Others will have trouble being finished after 3 months solid work.
Should we make the proposals?
Gimp-developer mailing list