On Monday 20 June 2005 02:04, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 05:11:08PM +0200, Karine Delvare wrote:
>> "Alastair M. Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I can only speak for myself, of course, but personally, I end up
>>> unfolding the directory view perhaps 90-95% of the times I used
>>> the dialog.  The only time I generally don't need to expand the
>>> directory view is if I'm just saving off an existing image in a
>>> different file format.

>> I have the opposite experience : I tend to group images of a
>> drawing session / photo manipulations session in one directory, so
>> when I save my first image I unfold the directory view to pick a
>> bookmark and create a subdirectory in it, but from then every new
>> save will only need the folded dialog, which is small and
>> uncluttered, to my liking.

> is it within your ability to understand that there are still several
> people who have been using gimp since the 1.0 development era and
> expect configurability?

I don't think Karine was speaking against configurability as such, just
in favour of the default.

Would a simple "push-pin" toggle control to optionally stick the default
configuration one way or the other be difficult to implement?

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia