On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 07:36:21PM -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:56:07AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:

> > > is it within your ability to understand that there are still several
> > > people who have been using gimp since the 1.0 development era and
> > > expect configurability?
> >
> > I don't think Karine was speaking against configurability as such, just
> > in favour of the default.
> >
> > Would a simple "push-pin" toggle control to optionally stick the default
> > configuration one way or the other be difficult to implement?
> >
> that is the issue.  a good thing for beginners has been foisted on
> everyone.
> "just blindly type into the selector" is terrible advice for how to use
> something.  especially software.
i am replying to myself -- not a good situation.

i also realize that i am combining two different thoughts from this
original thread and not combining it well.

karine is a new user and therefore likes the default.  this is all fine
and good, however, i still need to open that expander almost every
single time i work and expected that the behavior of the expander be
configurable long before now.

then you got the other thread running about the file selector.  the fact
that i confuse the two is probably related to the way the developers
answer the complaints.  the answers are rude, suspiciously lacking in
logic and fall way below the expectations anyone would have if you have
been following gimp development for more than the last three years.

my opinions do not matter, but "blindly type into it"???