On 11/1/05, Brannon King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >http://www.gegl.org/new/
> Thanks for the link to the new website.
> > 1 : http://pippin.gimp.org/gggl/
> > 2 : http://pippin.gimp.org/babl/
> So is it your opinion that we should ditch GEGL and
> use BABL instead since you think it is in a usable
> state?

Babl is a library to convert between different pixel representations
(colorspaces and bitdepths). GEGL intends to be a complete image
processing framework, that can do both compositing and filter effects
(current Gimp plug-ins would probably have to be migrated to be GEGL
Ops (plug-ins for GEGL) when they take the step up from 8bit).

Babl is in a usable state, but babl is a tiny component that is
intended for integration into GEGL.

/Øyvind K.

                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/