Hello,

I'm writing a painting program in Java for digital artists with
network functionality and I'm borrowing icons from GTK+ and GIMP in my
GUI. It's looking great! :-) Here's a screenshot:

http://thor.artgrounds.com/home.php?action=view&id=4157

I have a potential problem coming up, though. I might not release the
source code of this program. As I understand it, for the icons
borrowed from GTK+ this poses no problem, because of its LGPL
licensing. GIMP, however, is licensed under the GPL.

I'd like to know if the icons in GIMP are under the same license
restrictions as the rest of the software. There's no such thing as
source code for images. How can GPL be applied to the visual theme of
a GUI?

To make a long story short: Can I use your icons?
--
Thor