Just missing the deadline for a SoC sponsored plugin for it,
microsoft released the specs for their new image file format here:

I di dnot download it, bu I read the agreement for ownlaoding it. One
keep his soul and his mother in doing so. I mean- there is no nasty
NDA, it seems possible to implement a free software  as fara s
copyright issues stand, for reading and writing the beast - but the
nDA says that software patents involving that owned by MS still

They announce  a lot of miracles for this format, and it would be nice
to be able to read and write to it if half of then hold true.