Personally I found some of presented icons less recognizable than
original ones. It concerns:
1. magic wand - the spark is not distinguishable in light set
2. the hand in select by colour tool looks "spreaded" and isn't
3. intelligent scissors have lost the path.
4. dimensions tool looks better than original one but still needs
improvement - its lines are too wide and so the tool itself looks less
recognizable it could be.
5. Transformation tools have lost contrast lines which have become too
wide and so it's hard to understand what do they mean. Look at the
arrows at the rotation tool - how excellent they were visible before.
My overall opinion is: some of the lines became too wide and have lost
contrast, which has lead to loose of volume of pictures. Too wide and
less contrast lines are worse recognizable.
Gimp-developer mailing list