On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:47:54 +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Because the version number is in the library. You also would want your
plug-ins to use ~/.gimp-2.3 when you are running gimp-2.3. Even plug-ins
that were compiled against an older version of the gimp libraries.

Still can't clear this out.

I have run make uninstall on 2.3.13 , uninstalled the distro pkg 2.2.12 and gimp-print-4.7

then I went through the whole system with a file browser and removed anything remotely looking to be gimp related.

Then rebuild distro package from source , but when I run it , it still wants to set up the configs in ~/.gimp-2.3

What is "the library" refered to above? Can someone suggest something I can run through 'find' to locate whatever cruft is lying around on this system?

TIA.