3. Change the default image size (any particular reason it is 377x233?)
    I'd suggest 1024x768

4. Don't show the devices dialog by default. It's a bit redundant with
    #1, and only shows one device for most users.

5. It might be nice to have the stock round/square brushes be dynamic
    brushes by default. (If I understand correctly, theres a small
    concern that this might break some existing scripts?)

6. A wider selection of basic brushes would be good, especially with the
   #5.

7. I'd like to see some high resolution brushes included, especially now
    with brush downscaling being easy to get to.

8. Maybe some more examples of pixmap/hose brushes. I kind of hate that
    green pepper and vine brush (and I made them...). Not sure what
exactly yet, but I have some ideas:
        a. something that makes obvious use of the directional pipes
            would be good.
         b. Maybe a simple tube drawing brush
            (aka, a rendered sphere with the spacing set to a low value)
        c. Maybe a couple more (bigger) sizes of the Pencil Sketch
            brushes
        d. a wilber brush? (totally useless, but hey... it's wilber)
         e. a series of flipped versions of the "Caligraphic Brush"
            series

9. I'd turn on "Save Tool options on exit" by default. We have a "reset
    to default" in the dialogs if someone wants to reset the tools.

10. Man, am I ever tired of those default pattern options. (Mostly
     my fault unfortunately). They didn't age very well. Not sure
     if we can do much about it without breaking scripts.

11. Ditto with the gradients, though we should probably add another
     example or two of using the dynamic color stuff in gradients

Thats all that comes to mind at the moment.

Adrian