Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:36:53 -0500, Adrian Likins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1. In the toolbox, the fg/bg color, and brush/patter/gradient boxes
>> should be on.
>
> Maybe.  But another option (mentioned in your point 2) would be to make
> sure that the color selector tab is always included in the default
> session (even when upgrading from a previous gimp version!) and that it
> is visible by default (first tab). In this case, I am not sure that we
> need the separate indicator.  We can save some precious desktop space
> by not having it on by default.

I prefer to have these showing in the toolbox. When I lost them a some time
ago after a cvs up, the first thing I did was find out where they went and how
to get them back.

I run with a screen resolution of 1280x1024. The two main GIMP dialogs fill
almost the full screen height near the right side of my desktop so I work with
image windows over on the left side of my screen.

I don't see any real benefits from the amount of desktop space that can be
saved by turning the display of these features off.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: