I asked this on the Gimp-Win mailing list and no one there knew a way of doing
it so: Is there any way to put Gimp brushes into subcategories (like
subdirectories) so that if I add a bunch of brushes I don't have to scroll
through an inordinate number of them in order to get the one I want? If not, is
that something worth considering for some future release--2.6 or 3.0?

 BTW: Looking forward to 2.4.

 Thanks
 Dale Cozort