Hi!

Whenever I save an image as JPG, I have to move both the
Save_Image and the Save_as_JPEG dialog out of the way
to check the preview.

I think the Save_Image dialog should just disappear
after use, as both Cancel and Help are available on
the second dialog and what else would it be good for?

Then the Save_as_JPEG controls could appear on the image
window (inspired by the Firefox find bar) to further cut
down on window juggling.

There's quite a number of ways it could be organized, my
mockup shows just one:

http://thorwil.affenbande.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/save_as_jpg_integrated_01.jpg

Advanced options hide 'under' the expander. There could
be a button to bring them up in a dialog instead.

File size can be read in the statusbar.

I moved the buttons down there as it's the standard
location in dialogs and to take the place of the
progress Cancel button. Mouse-miles could be less
with the buttons in the new toolbar. They would
also be less likely to cause an expectation of
closing the window up there.

Thoughts?

--
Thorsten Wilms