On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 21:13 -0700, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> In the Colorize dialog (2.2 and 2.4), the Lightness slider runs from
> -100 to 100 but in HSV/HSL luminosity runs from 0 to 100.  Is this a bug
> in the dialog or does Lightness not really mean Luminosity in this
> dialog (or do I misunderstand the range for Luminosity)?  I didn't
> notice anything in the Bug db for it.

As far as I understand the dialog doesn't show absolute values for
Saturation and Lightness but relative ones. Perhaps the Saturation
slider should also go from -100 to +100 then.

First of all someone should take a look at the code and find out what it
really does. I very much doubt that anyone here can tell you this
without looking at the code. So why don't you just have a look and tell
us what you found?