On Monday 19 March 2007 16:16:44 Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Some people I know prefer to have EXIF stripped from final JPEG. This
> could be an option.
Recently one of our users complained that the Gimped photos of him are bigger
than the ones processed with a Windows software (I don't remember its name
and it doesn't matter though)...

After some tryouts we saw that, that software doesn't save exif so it
decreases the file size with ~3-4kb.

User was trying to save photos with 5kb. maximum file size for a web
application so 3-4Kb. was a big problem :)

So this feature can be useful but I was thinking this case was so marginal to
make a feature request :)

Koray Löker
<-/ http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/ ... for freedom /->