On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 01:17 -0700, coolhand wrote:
> >You would have to show us the code of your plug-in if you want us to
> >help you.
> >
> >Sven
> Ok.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/7507/gimp_gdal_plugin.c gimp_gdal_plugin.c
> This is a plugin to load image files from the gdal library (Geospatial Data
> Abstraction Library). As this library loads some of common file types such
> as jpeg, tiff, etc, i thinked to make an alternative dialog to load from;
> therefore this is a general plugin, and not a load plugin.
> Also, when i opened images, the plugin still continue working, but when i
> close one of these images, the menu item gones gray and i can't use any
> more.
> This other one is a load file plugin:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/7508/gimp_lct_plugin.c gimp_lct_plugin.c
> it works fine at first time. To work it needs to be reinstalled, and then it
> only works once again. ┬┐why? for me is a mistery.

the problem is that you specify "GREY" as image type for your open
procedures. That means you can only use these procedures if your
currently active image is greyscale. That's probably not what you
want, just pass an empty string there ("").

And unrelated:

For the first plug-in, there is no reason any more to have
image and drawable parameters just because a procedure registers
in <Image>, just get rid of these useless parameters too and
your plug-in will continue to work just as before.