On 5/20/07, Thorsten Wilms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I will try to raise this with the Metacity project.
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2007/05/20/save-changes-integrated-3/

I don't think you want to go too far down this path.  A significant
portion of GIMP users run Windows and WMs other than metacity.

Back in the day, hitting '/' in Lotus 1-2-3 would present a menu at
the top of the screen (Excel emulates this behavior to this day).  I'm
not sure I understand the problem with proposal 2, but perhaps
replacing the menu Lotus-style would be agreeable.

Are there MacOS-type environments that put the GIMP menu at the top of
the screen?  That could be a hinderance to this idea.