Thanks for the reply!

> Interesting attempt, but Script-Fu was never meant to be used for direct
> pixel manipulation. May I ask why you aren't using one of the GIMP
> bindings, like for example Python, that provides support for this level
> of pixel access?

We're working for the Grinnell College Computer Science department;
The professors here teach introductory CS in Scheme and have been
trying to use Script-Fu as a lab environment.  Because the PDB
fuctions gimp-drawable-get/set-pixel are all they've had access to for
building higher-order image manipulation procedures, any image larger
than about 100x100 took several minutes to process.  One of our tasks
for the summer has been to make Script-Fu faster, so its use in the
classroom won't be painful for students.

Ted and Emily