On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 21:20 -0300, Guillermo Espertino wrote:

> > Presently, the solution to this is to scale down incrementally (reduce
> > scale by 50% until you approach the desired scale, and then scale down
> > to that exact size.)
> >
> Nice tip. I'll try it.
> It's not that comfortable but at least is a workaround.

There are scripts available for scaling down in several steps. Just use

Anyway, there is no point at all in pointing out how important such a
change would be. Several people have tried to improve the downscaling
quality over the last two years. Do you seriously suggest that we wait
another two years with GIMP 2.4? So unless you have a patch that we can
apply immidiately, this discussion is pointless.