I guess I begin understanding. The dialog should be initiated with the
same blending mode which has been used during the last operation to
prepare some internal data. And in order to take effect the mode should
be changed by the user to the "Normal" afterwards. It should be due to
the current realization.
I think this particularity is good to be described in the release notes.

Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> No, and I already explained that. It is vital that the dialog is
> instantiated with the mode of the operation that you want to fade.
> Changing this would break the Fade feature. So we can either keep it as
> it is or remove it entirely.
> Sven

With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich