Hi,

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 20:37 +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> And, by the way, not respecting $HOME was always a bug as it is
> documented other:

Well, it can be handled as a bug in behavior or a bug in documentation.
Since the current behavior has worked well for more than a decade and
since it works well on a wide range of platforms, we should be very
careful about changing the behavior. It would be a lot simpler to change
the documentation.

But I am willing to accept that the behavior is wrong and that it should
be adjusted. Having the implementation in a single place in libgimpbase
will make it easy for us to adjust the behavior if it turns out to cause
problems on one platform or another.