Hi,

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 23:15 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:

> As a photographer, my main use case for the GIMP is doing curves
> adjustments. Not having adjustment layers has never stopped me from
> using our beloved GIMP, but it has led to some annoyance. As such, I
> would like to help out in speeding up the implementation of adjustment
> layers.

The problem we are facing with your project proposal is that adjustment
layers are not any longer planned for GIMP. We already started porting
our core to the GEGL library and the overall goal is to implement
non-destructive editing. We are not going to need adjustment layers
then, as every parameter of the image editing process will be
adjustable.

What we have to think about now is how could you could help with this
process so that we can reach this goal earlier. A GSoC project in the
GEGL realm would probably be most useful...