Hi,

I am Ruben Vermeersch, a Master in Computer Science student from
Belgium. I would like to ask some advice before submitting a
(potentially unfeasible) GSoC proposal.

As a photographer, my main use case for the GIMP is doing curves
adjustments. Not having adjustment layers has never stopped me from
using our beloved GIMP, but it has led to some annoyance. As such, I
would like to help out in speeding up the implementation of adjustment
layers.

As I would rather not submit a proposal that's impossible given the
proposed timeframe, I would like to ask the GIMP developers (which have
a better view on this), if there is a task I could propose, which would
lead to a faster implementation of adjustment layers. Also, is anyone
willing to mentor this?

A GSoC would free me from the proverbial "burger flipping", no better
way to do it than to help implementing a much requested feature in the
GIMP.

Kind regards,
   Ruben Vermeersch

--