I apologize that I did not make this fully clear when I sent this to the
list.  I have had people ask questions about the usablity of this script.
This script is ugly and cumbersome.  It is not made to be very robust and it
does little error checking.  It is clunky and not designed to be integrated
into a release of The Gimp.  It's only purpose is for people who, in the
interim where native layer groups are not available, need this functionality
or that it would greatly speed their graphics process.  I do not mean for
this to become a full-featured solution.

-Joseph