Hi!

I'm interested in applying for Google's Summer of Code for gimp (yes,
I know I'm in the last minute :) ), and the project that seems to suit
me best is "On-canvas text editing". I have a question though...

The first task on the list is "port the text core to PangoCairo".
Could someone please explain that a little further? I've started
looking at the source but I'm still not perfectly clear about how
everything works, but it seems that Freetype is currently used for
text rendering. Why would it need to be ported to pangocairo?

Regards,
Erik Jonsson